Diploma in Youth Ministry
Prepare yourself with Bible and ministry knowledge that can open doors to lay and volunteer ministry.
Program at a Glance
What Makes This Program Different
The Diploma in Youth Ministry is designed to prepare you with Bible and ministry knowledge that can open doors to lay and volunteer ministry. Students will benefit from instructors who have been involved or are currently involved in youth ministry.
Our Students Say
You will gain skills for any type of job that involves working with the youth demographic. Specific applications are:
• Church Youth Worker
• Camp Ministry Positions
• Continue on to Bachelor of Arts in Ministry- Youth
• Transfer into another four year degree at Prairie
All courses are three credits unless shown otherwise.
Bible & Theology (30 credits)
NT 112 Reading the Gospels & Acts
NT 221 Reading Paul’s Letters
NT 351 Reading Hebrews to Revelation
OT 112 Reading the Torah
OT 221 Reading the Historical Books
OT 343 Reading the Psalms and Wisdom Literature
OT 453 Reading the Prophets
ST 100 The Christian Life
TH 100 Introduction to Christian Theology
TH 210 The God of the Gospel
Arts & Sciences (12 credits)
HF 111 Thinking and Writing
SS 210 Introduction to Psychology
SS 261 Leadership Foundations
SS 314 Social Psychology
Youth (33 credits)
CM 250 Introduction to Counselling
CM 468 Youth Ministry Internship (12 credits)
YO 151 Introduction to Youth Ministry
YO 224 Creative Teaching Methods
YO 313 Youth Issues and Culture
YO 314 Youth Communications
YO 346 Exploring Styles & Philosophies of Youth Ministry
YO 460 Topics in Youth Ministry
For course descriptions, see our catalogue here.
- Knowing and loving God through the power of the Holy Spirit in Word and Prayer.
- Modeling spiritual leadership and a well-managed life in singleness or marriage.
- Leverage Christ-centered creative communication strategies to reach the next generation.
- Serving the church and community by caring for the poor, the fatherless, the widow, the imprisoned, the oppressed, and the marginalized.
- Equipping the next generation of disciples in the gospel.
- Influencing the church and culture by being agents of transformation and resilience.
- Being godly stewards of our gifts, time, talent, and creation.
Program Tuition and Fees
Program Specific Costs:
Youth Ministry students are charged a $120 program fee. ($60 charged in the fall & winter semesters)
I love Prairie because of its DNA of being Christ-Centred, Bible-Based, Discipleship-Directed and Mission-Mandated. Prairie has a rich integration of academics and spiritual formation. My job is a life calling—I exist to equip emerging missional leaders for the world’s greatest need. Every day I get to work, I don’t think of it as a job but fulfilling my God-given potential and calling. My biggest joy is seeing students discipled and being sent out to live their calling. Read More.
Dan has spent the last 31 years as a pastor, speaker, evangelist, counselor and college admissions director traveling the world in search of great coffee and interesting people! He is the Founder and President of Apprentice Ministries and… desires nothing more than to encourage students in middle school and high school to know they are worth more than they could ever imagine! Read More.