Bachelor of Theology
Develop a deep understanding of Scripture and theology in the context of contemporary culture.
Program at a Glance
What Makes This Program Different
The Bachelor of Theology is a highly flexible course of study that fosters a deep understanding of Scripture and theology in the context of contemporary culture.
If you are seeking to impact today’s diverse world for Christ, Prairie’s Bachelor of Theology will provide you with a solid biblical foundation. In our increasingly pluralistic world, the Church needs Christians who can think well and in a distinctively Christian way. The Bachelor of Theology is ideal for students who want a deep immersion in biblical teaching and Christian thought.
Our Students Say
Our graduates go on to:
• seminary or graduate school degrees at the masters level.
• pursue careers in theological education, evangelism and discipleship, or Bible translation.
• ministry and leadership in your community of faith and in the broader culture.
• study with Canada Institute of Linguistics (CanIL) at Trinity Western University (TWU) and Wycliffe Bible Translators.
Bachelor of Theology students are eligible to participate in GlobeTREK, Prairie Colleges 8-month travel internship.
Students may participate in a 2-week study tour of Israel led by one of Prairie’s Bible faculty.
The Theology program can be completed through Prairie’s on campus and/or online education offerings.
All courses are three credits unless shown otherwise.
Bible & Theology Major (63 credits)
BT 402 Bible/Theology Practicum*
BT 403 Bible/Theology Directed Study*
BT 406 Bible/Theology Research Paper*
BT 409 Word and World
NT 112 Reading the Gospels and Acts
NT 221 Reading Paul’s Letters
NT 351 Reading Hebrews to Revelation
OT 112 Reading the Torah
OT 221 Reading the Historical Books
OT 343 Reading the Psalms and Wisdom Literature
OT 453 Reading the Prophets
ST 100 The Christian Life
TH 100 Introduction to Christian Theology
TH 210 The God of the Gospel
TH 313 Creation to New Creation
Bible and Theology Electives (18 credits)
Arts & Sciences Core (36 credits)
AS 400 Integrative Seminar
HF 111 Thinking & Writing
HF 231 History of Western Civilization I
HF 232 History of Western Civilization II
SC 230 History and Philosophy of Science
SS 170 Christianity in the 21st Century World
SS 210 Introduction to Psychology
SS 261 Leadership Foundations
Arts and Sciences electives (9 credits)
Arts and Sciences elective 300 level
Ministry (CM/IS/PA/SJ/YO) Electives (6 credits)
Electives (15 credits)
*Bible and Theology electives may be substituted for these by the Program Coordinator.
For course descriptions, see our catalogue here.
- Competently interpret both testaments of Scripture in their literary, historical, and theological contexts.
- Demonstrate the Bible’s relevance for contemporary faith and practice.
- Exercise theological discernment grounded in Scripture and conversant with the history of Christian thought.
- Respond intelligently and graciously to challenges and objections to Christian faith.
- Develop research and writing skills appropriate to the fields of biblical and theological studies.
- Practice theology in a way that humbly serves the church and her mission.
Program Tuition and Fees
Dr. Megan Roberts
Dr. Roberts’ passion is to help the Word of God come alive for Christians. In addition to teaching all the Old Testament courses at Prairie, Dr. Roberts has taught overseas in Cambodia, enjoys mountain climbing, is active in her church, and is an active member of several academic societies.