Integrated Bachelor of Arts in
Ministry + Master of Divinity
A one-of-a-kind integrated Bachelor + Master program, fully online, that will be a game-changer for anyone whom God has called into ministry.
Program at a Glance
What Makes This Program Different
Your heart for the church is a starting point.
Christian leaders of today require focused and relevant skills to be effective ministers of the gospel. The Integrated Bachelor of Arts in Ministry + Master of Divinity applies intellectual and theological rigor to help you develop a deep and clear grasp on your faith, allowing you to contextualize your ideas faithfully.
Students in this program will benefit from:
- A total of 144 credits (compared to 192 if taken separately)
- Shorter to complete (5 years vs. 7 years of full-time study)
- Cost savings due to fewer credits and shorter time frame
- Delve into all 66 books of the Bible (the full Canon)
- A deeper and broader theological education with less duplication between levels of education
Our Students Say
Graduates will be equipped to:
- Work in leadership in a variety of roles in the church or para-church organizations such as education, discipleship or administration
- Work in spiritual discipleship roles for NGOs, for- and non-profit organizations
- Serve in chaplaincy roles within corrections, medical, hospice or military organizations
- Lead a church plant or other missionary activities (international or domestic)
- Serve as a youth worker, camp leader, or worship leader
In partnership with Carey Theological College in Vancouver, British Columbia.
This program is available 100% online.
Bachelor of Arts in Ministry: Pastoral Course List (96 Credits)
All courses are three credits unless shown otherwise.
Bible & Theology Major (42 credits)
BT 409 Word and World
NT 112 Reading the Gospels and Acts
NT 221 Reading Paul’s Letters
NT 351 Reading Hebrews to Revelation
OT 112 Reading the Torah
OT 221 Reading the Historical Books
OT 343 Reading the Psalms and Wisdom Literature
OT 453 Reading the Prophets
ST 100 The Christian Life
TH 100 Introduction to Christian Theology
TH 210 The God of the Gospel
TH 313 Creation to New Creation
Bible and Theology Electives (6 credits)
Arts & Sciences Core (36 credits)
AS 400 Integrative Seminar
HF 111 Thinking & Writing
HF 231 History of Western Civilization I
HF 232 History of Western Civilization II
HF 334/534 History of Christianity in the Ancient and Medieval World
HF 334/535 History of Christianity in the Modern World
SC 230 History and Philosophy of Science
SS 170 Christianity in the 21st Century World
SS 210 Introduction to Psychology
SS 261 Leadership Foundations
Arts and Sciences electives (6 credits)
Pastoral Major (18 Credits)
CM 250 Introduction to Counseling
CM 464 Pastoral Ministry Internship (6 credits)
PA 103 Leadership Coaching
PA 161 Introduction to Pastoral Ministry
PA 211 Passionate Preaching and Teaching
For course descriptions, see our catalogue here
Master of Divinity Course List (48 credits)
Taken online at Vancouver-based Carey Theological College.
Applied Theology Core (15 credits)
APPL 600 Leadership & Administration
APPL 601 Interpersonal Skills & Conflict Resolution
APPL 602 Advanced Preaching & Communication in a Digital Age
APPL 620 Pastoral Care in Today’s Church
APPL 641 Discipleship & Education
Spiritual Formation Core (3 Credits)
APPL 660 Spiritual Formation: Theology & Praxis
Bible Core (3 Credits)
BIBL 600 Biblical Interpretation: Theory & Craft
Theology Core (3 Credits)
THEO 600 Christian Ethics
Capstone Core (6 Credits)
APPL 801 Supervised Ministry/Peer-Learning
APPL 802 Theological Integration Project for Mission & Ministry
Electives (18 credits)
Graduation from this program should enable the student to demonstrate:
- Articulate the foundational biblical content of both Old and New Testaments, including their original cultural and historical context.
- Articulate the effective application of evangelical hermeneutical tools to the Old and New Testaments, producing effective preaching and teaching for the church in its multigenerational context and multicultural mission.
- Articulate the major doctrines of the Christian faith (content), including their biblical basis, historical context, denominational significance and cultural relevance today.
- Identify sustainable spiritual practices and character qualities for Christian ministry in areas such as spiritual formation, evangelism, administration, teaching, counselling and worship f0r service in the Canadian Baptist (or equivalent) tradition.
- Demonstrate ministry competency and their application through self-understanding, interpersonal skills, community leadership, and an articulation of Christian leadership, vocation, and ethic in the Canadian Baptist (or equivalent) tradition.
Program Tuition and Fees
I love Prairie because of its DNA of being Christ-Centred, Bible-Based, Discipleship-Directed and Mission-Mandated. Prairie has a rich integration of academics and spiritual formation. My job is a life calling—I exist to equip emerging missional leaders for the world’s greatest need. Every day I get to work, I don’t think of it as a job but fulfilling my God-given potential and calling. My biggest joy is seeing students discipled and being sent out to live their calling. Read More.