Integrated Bachelor of Arts in
Ministry + Master of Divinity
A one-of-a-kind integrated Bachelor + Master program, fully online, that will be a game-changer for anyone whom God has called into ministry.
Program at a Glance
What Makes This Program Different
Your heart for the church is a starting point.
Christian leaders of today require focused and relevant skills to be effective ministers of the gospel. The Integrated Bachelor of Arts in Ministry +Master of Divinity applies intellectual and theological rigor to help you develop a deep and clear grasp on your faith, allowing you to contextualize your ideas faithfully.
Students in this program will benefit from:
- A total of 153 credits (compared to 192 if taken separately)
- Shorter to complete (5 years vs. 7 years of full-time study)
- Cost savings due to fewer credits and shorter time frame
- Delve into all 66 books of the Bible (the full Canon)
- A deeper and broader theological education with less duplication between levels of education
Our Students Say
Graduates will be equipped to:
- Work in leadership in a variety of roles in the church or para-church organizations such as education, discipleship or administration
- Work in spiritual discipleship roles for NGOs, for- and non-profit organizations
- Serve in chaplaincy roles within corrections, medical, hospice or military organizations
- Lead a church plant or other missionary activities (international or domestic)
- Serve as a youth worker, camp leader, or worship leader
Bachelor of Arts in Ministry: Pastoral Course List (96 Credits)
All courses are three credits unless shown otherwise.
Bible & Theology Major (45 credits)
BT 409 Word and World
NT 112 Reading the Gospels and Acts
NT 221 Reading Paul’s Letters
NT 351 Reading Hebrews to Revelation
OT 112 Reading the Torah
OT 221 Reading the Historical Books
OT 343 Reading the Psalms and Wisdom Literature
OT 453 Reading the Prophets
ST 100 The Christian Life
TH 100 Introduction to Christian Theology
TH 210 The God of the Gospel
TH 313 Creation to New Creation
Bible and Theology Electives 200 level or above (3 credits)
Arts & Sciences Core (36 credits)
AS 400 Integrative Seminar
HF 111 Thinking & Writing
HF 231 History of Western Civilization I
HF 232 History of Western Civilization II
SC 230 History and Philosophy of Science
SS 170 Christianity in the 21st Century World
SS 210 Introduction to Psychology
SS 261 Leadership Foundations
Arts and Sciences electives (9 credits)
Arts and Sciences elective 300 level
Pastoral Major (18 Credits)
CM 250 Introduction to Counseling
CM 464 Pastoral Ministry Internship
PA 103 Leadership Coaching
PA 161 Introduction to Pastoral Ministry
PA 211 Passionate Preaching and Teaching
PA 480 Topics in Pastoral
Electives (3 Credits)
For course descriptions, see our catalogue here
Master of Divinity Course List (57 credits)
Taken online at Vancouver-based Carey Theological College.
Foundation (6 credits)
MLOS 500 Orientation
COR 500 Interdisciplinary Cornerstone Module
Direction (15 Credits)
INDS 610 Faith and Life: Church
APPL 640 Pastoral Life: Calling, ID, Ethics
THEO 504 The Gospel in a Multi-cultural World
APPL 624 Interpersonal Skills and Conflict Resolution
BIBL 699 Advanced Hermeneutics
Focus (12 Credits)
APPL/MISS Evangelism and Mission course
APPL Leadership and Administration course
Electives (6 credits)
Free Electives (12 Credits)
CAPS 600 Capstone
MNTR 500-502 Mentorship – Case Reflection and Focused Topics
Graduation from this program should enable the student to demonstrate:
- The personal and spiritual maturity expected of a minister of the Gospel and a commitment to ongoing growth.
- A broad knowledge of the Bible and theology and the ability to apply this knowledge in a redemptive ministry in the church and the world.
- Commitment to the church’s worldwide mission of gospel proclamation, discipleship, and social change.
- Competence in the skills required for the teaching, preaching, worship, pastoral care, evangelistic, and administrative ministries of the church.
- The ability to provide effective leadership for a congregation of believers.
Program Tuition and Fees
I love Prairie because of its DNA of being Christ-Centred, Bible-Based, Discipleship-Directed and Mission-Mandated. Prairie has a rich integration of academics and spiritual formation. My job is a life calling—I exist to equip emerging missional leaders for the world’s greatest need. Every day I get to work, I don’t think of it as a job but fulfilling my God-given potential and calling. My biggest joy is seeing students discipled and being sent out to live their calling. Read More.