DISTANCE EDUCATION PROGRAMS:
BACHELOR OF ARTS IN
Bachelor of Arts in Ministry - Pastoral
Four-Year Program (120 Credits)
- Courses taught by experienced pastoral ministers
- Study the entire Canon of Scripture
- Hands on Internship tailored to you
- Apply and start classes anytime!
- Also available in a 2.5-year diploma.
BAM/PA: In Depth
The Pastoral Program is:
- For those who would like to develop pastoral leadership skills for vocational ministry.
- Excellently suited for the person preparing for a second career
- For persons already in pastoral ministry
- For those who would like to explore the possibility of pastoral vocational ministry.
- For those who would like to prepare for Master’s level education.
The Bachelor of Arts in Ministry program will equip you to do the following:
- Value, study, understand and interpret Scripture for personal growth as well as ministry effectiveness.
- Grow in spiritual vitality and Christian maturity within the pressure and demands of life and ministry.
- Appreciate and understand the Body of Christ and prepare to assume your responsibility in the Church as expressed in the local congregation.
- Prepare for a God honoring life of service to kingdom work regardless of your vocational calling.
- Discover and develop your God given servant design (e.g. spiritual gifts, ministry passion) and ministry skills to maximize your effectiveness for Christian service.
- Participate in God’s global mission of disseminating the Gospel.
- Invest in a relational community of intentional discipleship and accountability to build the people of God.
- Develop a God centered dependence, faith and humility necessary for Christian life and ministry.
Your BAM degree will open doors to skilled service as a church worker, church planter, church educational program leader, worship leader, pastor, youth worker, camp leader, or numerous other roles within a church or paraministry setting. Your degree lays thefoundation for graduate studies in ministry, theological studies, missiology or divinity.
All courses are three credits unless shown otherwise.
Bible & Theology (45 credits)
NT 112 Reading the Gospels & Acts*
NT 221 Reading Paul’s Letters
NT 351 Reading Hebrews to Revelation*
OT 112 Reading the Torah
OT 221 Reading the Historical Books
OT 343 Reading the Psalms & Wisdom Literature
OT 453 Reading the Prophets
ST 100 The Christian Life
TH 100 Introduction To Christian Theology
TH 210 The God of the Gospel
TH 313 Creation to New Creation
BT 409 Word and the World: Theology and Praxis*
BT/NT/OT/ST/TH electives (9 credits)
Arts & Sciences (36 credits)
AS 400 Integrative Seminar-synchronous with on campus
HF 111 Thinking & Writing
HF 231 History of Western Civilization I
HF 232 History of Western Civilization II
SS 170 Christianity in the 21st Century World
SS 210 Introduction to Psychology
SS 261 Leadership Foundations
SC 230 History and Philosophy of Science*
HF/SS electives (9 credits)
HF/SS elective 300 level (3 credits)
Pastoral (33 credits)
CM 250 Introduction to Counselling*
PA 103 Leadership Coaching
PA 161 Introduction to Pastoral Ministry
PA 211 Passionate Preaching & Teaching
PA 314 Advanced Preaching
PA 372 Missional Leadership
PA 480 Topics in Pastoral Ministry-synchronous with on campus
CM 464 Pastoral Ministry Internship (12 credits)
General Electives (6 credits)
*Available soon; in the meantime, we will offer a substitute.
Synchronous courses will be offered in conjunction with on-campus courses due to their content. Therefore, these courses must be taken during the term they are offered on campus, or taken on-campus if offered as a modular.
Note: Arts & Sciences courses include Anthropology (AN), Humanity and Fine Arts (HF), History (HI), Philosophy (PH), Psychology (PS), Science (SC), Sociology (SO), and Social Sciences (SS).
Timeframe & Fees
Completion of an online Bachelor’s degree usually takes around 4 years for students who are not also working. For cost estimates per program, see the Fees section of our About Distance Education page.