Online Business Administration
Bachelor of Divinity
A program built for spiritual transformation and real-life business results.
“The business program covers every topic that I need in order to achieve my goals. Entrepreneurship, accounting, management, leadership, and all of it based on a Biblical view”
Program at a Glance
What Makes This Program Different
We believe that business should participate in blessing, not taking, from community. The BDBA faculty have experience driving business performance and spiritual transformation at the highest levels, from Chick-fil-A to Bay Street to international “Business as Mission” startups.
This fully online program will equip you to navigate any business path you desire to pursue. The Intercultural Studies minor prepares you to work in a global economy whether that be overseas or right at home.
Develop as a Christ follower to use business, both internationally and domestically, to better the world. Make an eternal impact.
*Additional minors are possible for online students, to explore other options please contact the Program Coordinator.
Our Students Say
The world and workplace are changing at a rapid pace. Nothing is guaranteed, but so much is possible. Your education is an important step in developing and credentialing yourself to be ready for what’s next.
The knowledge, skills and network you develop in this program set you up to:
- Start and lead your own business
- Be employed in small businesses in a variety of disciplines and industries
- Start or work for missional businesses internationally
- Work for wilderness and recreation non-profits like camps and other outdoor related organizations
- Work in the sport and recreation sector, including non-profits like camps, colleges, and civic recreation organizations.
- Find work in foreign or intercultural organizations and businesses
- Gain employment in entry-level placements in traditional business fields and disciplines (banking, marketing, accounting, etc)
- Work for NGO or non-profit organizations
Students wishing to further their education will be well prepared to go onto complete:
- Graduate level education in business, divinity or intercultural studies.
- An internship to develop and equip you for your career through experience in a real-life business environment
- Classes that bring together the teachings of Scripture and business principles
- Every student will be paired with a Christian business mentor and connected with a network of business professionals
All courses are three credits unless shown otherwise.
Business Administration Major (36 credits)
BU 105 Organization Health and Performance*
BU 111 Accounting*
BU 220 Sales and Marketing*
BU 235 Intro to Economics*
BU 316 Corporate Finance*
BU 350 Governance and Law*
BU 360 Theology of Business*
BU 430 Business Analytics (1 credit)*
BU 443 Missional Entrepreneurship and Strategy*
CM 482 Business Internship (12 credits)
Bible and Theology Major (30 credits)
NT 112 Reading the Gospels and Acts
NT 221 Reading Paul’s Letters
NT 351 Reading Hebrews to Revelation
OT 112 Reading the Torah
OT 221 Reading the Historical Books
OT 343 Reading the Psalms and Wisdom Literature
OT 453 Reading the Prophets
ST 100 The Christian Life
TH 100 Introduction to Christian Theology
TH 210 The God of the Gospel
Arts and Sciences Core (36 credits)
AS 400 Integrative Seminar(offered synchronously with on-campus course)
HF 111 Thinking and Writing
HF 231 History of Western Civilization I
HF 232 History of Western Civilization II
SC 230 History and Philosophy of Science
SS 170 Christianity in the 21st Century
SS 210 Introduction to Psychology
SS 261 Leadership Foundations
Arts and Sciences electives (9 credits)
Arts and Sciences elective 300 level
Intercultural Studies Minor (18 credits)
IS 140 World Religions
IS 259 Internship Preparation Seminar
IS 351 Cross-cultural Communication
SS 336 Field Ethnography
IS 300 International Business Immersion Trip
TH 332 Theology of Missions
After you take this program, you’ll know the principles to:
• Effectively lead and manage both processes and people.
• Build high performance teams and organizations.
• Design, start-up and scale profitable businesses and non-profit enterprises.
• Solve real world business problems in a wide variety of disciplines.
• Know your own strengths, interests and abilities.
• Live up to Biblical principles and contribute to missional goals in secular settings.
Dennis is a Graduate of Notre Dame University Business School (Master’s in Non-Profit Administration). He is also a Prairie alumnus who has both graduated from, and led, the Outdoor Leadership program at Prairie. He has Executive Director experience in the non-profit sector and extensive experience in developing college-aged leaders through experiential education.