Bachelor in Marketplace Ministry
2 + 2-Year Program (120 Credits)
The perfect program to prepare for your career and receive a Biblical education.
Two years of vocational training plus two years of Biblical education equals a four year bachelors degree!
Students can select from a wide variety of two year, vocational programs from our partner institutions that specifically train students for the career they wish to pursue.
The vocational training can be completed either before or after completing two years of Biblical education at Prairie.
This program is designed to provide students with the practical skills they need to succeed in their career in addition to the Biblical knowledge and character formation to live out the Gospel in any context.
The perfect option for those with a specific career path who also want a rich Biblical education!
An innovative “2+2” degree program that allows learners to transfer two years of a vocational diploma program, enabling them to complete the degree in only two additional years.
Prairie is pleased to partner with Olds College and Bow Valley College so that graduates of their 2-year vocational programs can benefit from a seamless transition to Prairie’s Marketplace Ministry program.
- Be Christ centred – establishing a rich and vibrant relationship with Christ that flows into actions.
- Be theologically astute – be street and cafe theologians with the ability to have real-time conversations with people in a pluralistic and multicultural context; thinkers with the ability to share the gospel in a business world.
- Be Biblically informed – students and teachers of Scripture, well informed with the ability to take the Bible and apply it practically.
- Be culturally sensitive – have an intuitive set of values from which to think critically about how to best adapt to the culture around them and be sensitive to where and how God is working in culture.
- Be globally aware – aware of the global influence of society and being catalysts to engage global influence head on rather than retreating from it.
A student may transfer a diploma from the selected partner college programs listed on the right into Prairie’s Marketplace Degree. This transfer can be done from Prairie to Olds or Bow Valley, or from Olds or Bow Valley to Prairie. Two-year vocational diplomas from other colleges may also be eligible for transfer. Please check with the Registrar. The Marketplace degree program is offered solely by Prairie College.
- Business Administration
- Practical Nursing
- Pharmacy Technician
- Justice Studies
- Legal Assistant
- Interior Decorating
- Early Learning Childcare
- Disability Studies
- Aboriginal Addiction Counselling
- Agriculture & Heavy Equipment
- Agriculture Management
- Animal Health Technology
- Business Administration
- Costume Cutting & Construction
- Horticulture Technology
- Arboriculture (Tree Care)
- Landscape Management
- Equine Science
- Farrier Science
- Apparel Technology
- Land Agent
- Land and Water Resources
- Environmental Stewardship
- Land Reclamation
- Turfgrass Management
Future Education Possibilities
By finishing this degree students will have the opportunity to complete graduate work in the future in addition to being specifically prepared for the career they wish to be employed in.
All courses are three credits unless shown otherwise.
Bible and Theology Major (30 credits)
NT 112 Reading the Gospels and Acts
NT 221 Reading Paul’s Letters
NT 351 Reading Hebrews to Revelation
OT 112 Reading the Torah
OT 221 Reading the Historical Books
OT 343 Reading the Psalms and Wisdom Literature
OT 453 Reading the Prophets
ST 100 The Christian Life
TH 100 Introduction to Christian Theology
TH 210 The God of the Gospel
Arts and Sciences Core (36 credits)
AS 400 Integrative Seminar
HF 111 Thinking and Writing
HF 231 History of Western Civilization I
HF 232 History of Western Civilization II
SC 230 History and Philosophy of Science
SS 170 Christianity in the 21st Century World
SS 210 Introduction to Psychology
SS 261 Leadership Foundations
Arts and Sciences elective
Arts and Sciences elective 300 level
Arts and Sciences by transfer credit (6 credits)
Vocational Major (54 credits)
Major fulfilled by transfer credit
For those who complete a vocational diploma program prior to coming to Prairie, the program and courses are reviewed by the Registrar’s Office once a transcript has been submitted as part of the regular admissions process. For those who attend Prairie prior to completing a vocational diploma, the applicant will need to provide an educational plan to be approved by the Registrar’s Office as part of the admissions process.
For course descriptions, see our catalogue here.