Staff & Faculty BIO
- BA Religious Studies, Augustana University College
- Diploma in Missiology (honors), Canadian Theological Seminary
- MA in Religious Education (honors), Canadian Theological Seminary
My Employment Background
Before going into pastoral ministry, I worked as the Operational Commissioner and Team Leader for Material Management at the Sturgeon General Hospital in St. Albert. Returning to seminary, I completed my Master’s degree and embarked on my life call of ministry. Having pastored since the mid ninety’s in various denominations, I felt a call to educational ministry. This call to educational ministry brought me to Prairie in 2007.
My three primary passions are Jesus Christ, my family, and God’s mission. I came to Jesus Christ at age twelve and have been growing more and more in love with Christ every day. My second passion is my family. I have been married for over twenty years and have three beautiful children. My third passion is equipping the next generation to become passionate followers of Jesus Christ. I have a few more secondary passions but these are core.
My Involvement at Prairie and in the Community
I currently serve as the Coordinator of Prairie’s Pastoral Program and oversee Youth Internships and some Youth Ministry courses. Other passions include: serving in my home church in Linden and serving with The Alberta Mennonite Brethren Conference Faith and Life Board, consulting with churches, coaching my kid’s soccer teams, and speaking at churches, camps, discipleship training events and enjoying many coffee shops.
Why I Love Prairie
I love Prairie because of its DNA of being Christ-Centred, Bible-Based, Discipleship-Directed and Mission-Mandated. Prairie has a rich integration of academics and spiritual formation.
What I Enjoy About My Job
My job is a life calling—I exist to equip emerging missional leaders for the world’s greatest need. Every day I get to work, I don’t think of it as a job but fulfilling my God-given potential and calling. My biggest joy is seeing students discipled and being sent out to live their calling.
Courses I Teach
- PA 103 Leadership Coaching
- PA 161 Introduction to Pastoral Ministry
- PA 211 Passionate Teaching & Preaching
- SS 224 Sexuality, Singleness and Marriage
- YO 224 Creative Teaching Methods
- PA 314 Advanced Preaching
- PA 372 Missional Leadership
- CM 464 Pastoral Ministry Internship
- CM 468 Youth Ministry Internship
- PA 480 Topics in Pastoral Ministry