DISTANCE EDUCATION PROGRAMS:
Certificate in Bible
18 Credits of Bible & Theology
6 Credits of Arts & Sciences
6 Credits of electives
Estimated time to complete: 1-2 years
Apply and start classes anytime!
Encounter: Certificate in Bible
Ground your faith through a well-rounded introductory program of biblical studies, Christian theology, spiritual formation, and arts and science courses. Our Encounter program provides a solid foundation for anyone seeking to influence this diverse world for Christ.
Who is this for?
- Lay leaders in the church
- Anyone who plans to or has attended a secular university- but also desires an academically solid biblical education.
- Those interested in pursuing further biblical or ministry education.
- Anyone who wants to become better grounded in God’s Word.
- Deepen your understanding of the meaning of Scripture and how to apply it.
- Get practical ministry skills to be an effective Christian in today’s world.
- Learn and be able to clearly articulate important biblical and theological themes.
- Develop your unique gifts in local church and ministry opportunities.
- Understand your responsibility within the global Body of Christ.
If you are undecided on a career or ministry path or plan to pursue further education in a secular environment, the training you receive through Prairie’s Certificate in Bible program will prepare you to make wise decisions based on a solid biblical perspective. Although complete in itself, our Certificate in Bible program has also been designed as a starting point for our two and four-year programs since CB credits can be applied to most of these longer programs.
All courses are three credits unless shown otherwise.
Bible & Theology (18 credits)
NT 112 Reading the Gospels & Acts*
NT 221 Reading Paul’s Letters
OT 112 Reading the Torah
OT 221 Reading the Historical Books
ST 100 The Christian Life
TH 100 Introduction to Christian Theology
Arts & Sciences (6 credits)
HF 111 Thinking & Writing
SS 170 Christianity in the 21st Century World
General Electives (6 credits)
*Available soon; in the meantime, we will offer a substitute.
Note: Arts & Sciences courses include Anthropology (AN), Humanity and Fine Arts (HF), History (HI), Philosophy (PH), Psychology (PS), Science (SC), Sociology (SO), and Social Sciences (SS).
Timeframe & Fees
Completion of a Certificate in Bible usually takes around 1-2 years for students who are not also working. For cost estimates per program, see the Fees section of our About Distance Education page.