Diploma in Bible
In two years you will study the entire Bible. You will grow in confidence as you come to know what the Bible teaches and how to view the world by its light.
“…The program allows immersion in all parts of the Bible, as well experience through ministry and Christian living.”
Program at a Glance
What Makes This Program Different
Faculty will walk with you as you come to know the Living Word of God in fresh ways. You will grow in confidence as you come to know what the Bible teaches and how to view the world by its light.
Through classes, campus experiences, and Impact Groups (small communities of discipleship), your faith will be strengthened for whatever is next.
Diploma in Bible students are eligible to join our Bible faculty on a 2-week study tour of Israel (planned every 2 years).
Our Students Say
After the Diploma in Bible our graduates:
- Seamlessly transfer to one of our four-year degrees.
- Study elsewhere or enter the workforce with a strong biblical foundation.
- Work in church and ministry with an in depth understanding of the Bible.
All courses are three credits unless shown otherwise.
Bible & Theology (30 credits)
NT 112 Reading the Gospels & Acts
NT 221 Reading Paul’s Letters
NT 351 Reading Hebrews to Revelation
OT 112 Reading the Torah
OT 221 Reading the Historical Books
OT 343 Reading the Psalms & Wisdom Literature
OT 453 Reading the Prophets
ST 100 The Christian Life
TH 100 Introduction to Christian Theology
TH 210 The God of the Gospel
Arts & Sciences (18 credits)
HF 111 Thinking & Writing
SS 170 Christianity in the 21st Century World
SS 210 Introduction to Psychology
SS 261 Leadership Foundations
HF/SS electives (6 credits)
General Electives (12 credits)
Note: Students considering transferring into a BA program should use their electives for courses from that program.
For course descriptions, see our catalogue here.
- Competently interpret both testaments of Scripture in their literary, historical, and theological contexts.
- Articulate the relevance of the Bible for contemporary faith and practice.
- Develop theological discernment grounded in Scripture.
- Grow in maturity as a disciple of Jesus in community with other believers.
- Demonstrate basic thinking, research, and writing skills for college-level work.
Program Tuition and Fees
Dr. Carmen Imes
Dr. Imes’ passion is to help the Word of God come alive for Christians. In addition to teaching all the Old Testament courses at Prairie, Dr. Imes is an award-winning author, a frequent speaker at retreats, churches, and conferences, and an active member of several academic societies. Read More.