Diploma in Bible
In two years you will study the entire Bible. You will grow in confidence as you come to know what the Bible teaches and how to view the world by its light.
“…The program allows immersion in all parts of the Bible, as well experience through ministry and Christian living.”
Program at a Glance
What Makes This Program Different
The Diploma in Bible program focuses on what is at the core of Prairie’s educational mission: biblical and theological literacy. In this program take all seven of Prairie’s overview of the Bible courses and our core Theology courses with room for electives to explore areas of interest more.
Faculty will walk with you as you come to know the Living Word of God in fresh ways. You will grow in confidence as you come to know what the Bible teaches and how to view the world by its light.
Through courses and the opportunity to interact with fellow students and professors your faith will be strengthened for whatever is next.
Diploma in Bible students are eligible to join our Bible faculty on a 2-week study tour of Israel (planned every 2 years).
Our Students Say
After the Diploma in Bible our graduates:
- Seamlessly transfer to one of our four-year degrees.
- Study elsewhere or enter the workforce with a strong biblical foundation.
- Work in church and ministry with an in depth understanding of the Bible.
Courses revolve around:
• Reading the entire biblical canon
• Developing a Christian worldview
• Thinking, writing, and leading well
All program students will be eligible to apply for our faculty lead trip to Israel (planned for every 2 years).
All courses are three credits unless shown otherwise.
Bible & Theology (30 credits)
NT 112 Reading the Gospels & Acts
NT 221 Reading Paul’s Letters
NT 351 Reading Hebrews to Revelation
OT 112 Reading the Torah
OT 221 Reading the Historical Books
OT 343 Reading the Psalms & Wisdom Literature
OT 453 Reading the Prophets
ST 100 The Christian Life
TH 100 Introduction to Christian Theology
TH 210 The God of the Gospel
Arts & Sciences (18 credits)
HF 111 Thinking & Writing
SS 170 Christianity in the 21st Century World
SS 210 Introduction to Psychology
SS 261 Leadership Foundations
HF/SS electives (6 credits)
General Electives (12 credits)
Note: Students considering transferring into a BA program should use their electives for courses from that program.
- Competently interpret both testaments of Scripture in their literary, historical, and theological contexts.
- Articulate the relevance of the Bible for contemporary faith and practice.
- Develop theological discernment grounded in Scripture.
- Grow in maturity as a disciple of Jesus in community with other believers.
- Demonstrate basic thinking, research, and writing skills for college-level work.