DISTANCE EDUCATION PROGRAMS:
Diploma in Bible
Distance Education: Diploma in Bible
30 Credits of Bible & Theology
18 Credits of Arts & Sciences
12 Credits of electives
Estimated time to complete: 2-3 years
Apply and start classes anytime!
Diploma in Bible: In Depth
This program represents the core of who we are at Prairie. In it, you will travel through the entire Bible and be given the tools to process what you learn both intellectually and practically.
Throughout your studies, you will be grounded in the Scriptures and prepared by experienced faculty in how to engage the culture you live in for Christ.
Who is this for?
- Lay leaders in the church.
- Anyone who plans to or has attended a secular university but also desires an academically solid biblical education.
- Those interested in pursuing further biblical or ministry education.
- Anyone who wants to become better grounded in God’s Word.
- Deepen your understanding of the meaning of Scripture and how to apply it.
- Get practical ministry skills to be an effective Christian in today’s world.
- Learn and be able to clearly articulate important biblical and theological themes.
- Develop your unique gifts in local church and ministry opportunities.
- Understand your responsibility within the global Body of Christ.
Your training in our Diploma in Bible Distance Education program will provide you with a vital biblical foundation to complement and enhance your future professional training. Depending on your choice of electives, the Diploma in Bible can be structured to count as two years toward one of Prairie’s four-year programs. Alternatively, a significant number of your credits could transfer to another school for the continuation of a Bachelor’s degree in a large number of fields. You will need to confirm transferability requirements with the school you seek to transfer into.
All courses are three credits unless shown otherwise.
Bible & Theology (30 credits)
NT 112 Reading the Gospels & Acts*
NT 221 Reading Paul’s Letters*
NT 251 Reading Hebrews to Revelation*
OT 112 Reading the Torah
OT 221 Reading the Historical Books
OT 243 Reading the Psalms & Wisdom Literature
OT 353 Reading the Prophets*
ST 100 The Christian Life
TH 100 Introduction to Christian Theology
TH 210 The God of the Gospel
Arts & Sciences (18 credits)
HF 111 Thinking & Writing
SS 170 Christianity in the 21st Century World*
SS 210 Introduction to Psychology
SS 261 Leadership Foundations
HF/SS electives (6 credits)
General Electives (12 credits)
*Available soon; in the meantime, we will offer a substitute.
Note: Arts & Sciences courses include Anthropology (AN), Humanity and Fine Arts (HF), History (HI), Philosophy (PH), Psychology (PS), Science (SC), Sociology (SO), and Social Sciences (SS).
Timeframe & Fees
Completion of a Diploma in Bible takes an average of 2 years for students who are not also working. For cost estimates per program, see the Fees section of our About Distance Education page.