Staff & Faculty BIO
- BA in Classics and Philosophy (magna cum laude), University of Arkansas
- MDIV (summa cum laude), Gordon-Conwell Theological Seminary
- ThM in New Testament (summa cum laude), Gordon-Conwell Theological Seminary
- PhD in New Testament, Durham University
Justin, Andrea, and their three young daughters have come to Prairie from Arkansas, their home state in the southern US. Justin taught in a local high school and served as a part-time pastor prior to his graduate education. Blooming from his love of classical and biblical studies, Justin’s doctoral thesis compared the ancient Epicurean philosopher Philodemus and the apostle Paul with respect to moral formation.
- Conference Proceedings from Closing the Gap: Best Practices for Integrating Historical and Theological Exegesis (Durham University, June, 2018). Co-edited with Walter Moberly and B. G. White. Journal of Theological Interpretation special issue (forthcoming)
- “Paul and Philodemus” in Paul and the Giants of Philosophy. Edited by Dave Briones, Joseph Dodson (IVP Academic, 2019).
- “Philodemus, Friend of the Many, or Friend of the Dektikoi’?” in The Society for Ancient Greek Philosophy Newsletter 18.2 (2017), pp. 17-26