Prairie College has made a number of adjustments to campus operations to respond to the COVID-19 outbreak:
Effective March 30, 2020, anyone from outside the regular campus community will be asked to sign-in at reception.
Currently oversized parcel pick up is available from 8am – 12pm, Monday to Friday.
Parcel pick up times may be subject to change.
Call ahead (403-443-5511) if you need to speak to the copy centre or pick up a parcel.
Student, Staff & Faculty Mailboxes
You may access your mailbox as per usual.
If you are not a member of the campus community, you may access your mailbox as per usual but you must sign-in at reception. Parcel pick up times may be subject to change. Call ahead (403-443-5511) if you need to speak to the copy centre or pick up a parcel.
Classes are being offered on-campus and by Hyflex.
- If you have questions or concerns about your online delivery, please communicate with your Instructor.
- Technical questions can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please refer to the Campus Preparedness & Rapid Response Plan published in August, 2020, for details about student housing.
UPDATE TO FOOD SERVICES ON CAMPUS
Strong hygiene practices, coupled with responsible distancing, have proven to be a critical component to slowing the spread of this virus.
Please refer to the latest update for the status of dining services at Prairie.
Effective March 16, all Rick Down Athletic Centre (RDAC) facilities are closed to campus.
This includes the fitness centre and climbing wall. All programming including bootcamp, campus intramurals, Saturday night basketball, and Sunday night futsal are also cancelled.
This decision may be reconsidered based on the progression of the outbreak and on health authority guidelines.
Note that all ACAC has suspended all remaining competitions for 2019-2020.
GUIDELINES FOR STAFF
In accordance with Provincial guidelines, we are continuing our plans to:
- protect employees
- limit spread in our workplace
- ensure continuity of critical services if staff are ill or self-isolating
- explore alternate working arrangements, such as:
- working from home or remotely
- doing work that doesn’t require contact with other people
Staff are expected to report to work during regular business hours with the following guidelines and accommodations:
- IF YOU ARE SICK: If you are ill (even if it is not suspected COVID-19) please stay home.
- MEETINGS: All meetings include a call-in option for those who are not comfortable meeting in a group setting and Prairie will strictly observe the mass gathering limits set out by the Province (less than 15).
- SOCIAL DISTANCING: Observe social distancing of 2 metres between people in meetings.
- CLEANING: Cleaning supplies will be provided and it is highly recommended that private spaces be cleaned at least twice per day.
Speak to your Managing Director about work from home as this option is being made available based on operational requirements.