Bachelor's of Business Administration (Minor in Intercultural Studies)
Four-Year Program (120 Credits)
Students will develop business skills and competencies taught by experienced and knowledgable business leaders in a program that is deeply Kingdom-centric.
Business plays a vital role in society and is in need of well equipped, disciples of Christ to live out both the great commandment and the great commission through business. We believe that business should participate in blessing, not taking, from the communities they are in.
The BBA with a minor in Intercultural Studies provides students to learn Kingdom business in intercultural contexts. This includes both theory and experience through a business-specific Globetrek experience (4 continents, 12 countries, numerous people groups).
While this program may be new, we believe this program will be unique (both in focus and method) in Canada, and possibly the world, in developing Christ followers to use business, both domestically and internationally, for furthering the Kingdom of God.
Courses revolve around:
- Focused on entrepreneurship
- Starting and leading a business like Jesus would
- Studying the Bible throughout
- Start and lead their own business
- Express and live out a Biblical philosophy of business as a disciple of Christ
- Demonstrate competence in a wide variety of core business disciplines
- Demonstrate a working knowledge of the tools necessary to thrive in a new culture.
- Demonstrate a working knowledge of how to conduct business cross-culturally.
All courses are three credits unless shown otherwise.
Bible and Theology Major (30 credits)
NT 112 Reading the Gospels and Acts
NT 221 Reading Paul’s Letters
NT 351 Reading Hebrews to Revelation
OT 112 Reading the Torah
OT 221 Reading the Historical Books
OT 343 Reading the Psalms and Wisdom Literature
OT 453 Reading the Prophets
ST 100 The Christian Life
TH 100 Introduction to Christian Theology
TH 210 The God of the Gospel
Arts and Sciences Core (36 credits)
AS 400 Integrative Seminar
HF 111 Thinking and Writing
HF 231 History of Western Civilization I
HF 232 History of Western Civilization II
SC 230 History and Philosophy of Science
SS 170 Christianity in the 21st Century
SS 210 Introduction to Psychology
SS 261 Leadership Foundations
Arts and Sciences electives (9 credits)
Arts and Sciences elective 300 level
Business Administration Major (36 credits)
BU 105 Organization Health and Performance
BU 111 Managerial Accounting
BU 220 Sales and Marketing
BU 235 Managerial Economics
BU 316 Corporate Finance
BU 350 Governance and Law
BU 360 Theology of Business
BU 430 Business Analytics (1 credit)
BU 443 Missional Entrepreneurship and Strategy
CM 482 International Business Internship (12 credits)
Intercultural Studies Minor (18 credits)
IS 140 World Religions
IS 259 Internship Preparation Seminar
IS 351 Cross-cultural Communication
SS 336 Field Ethnography
TH 332 Theology of Missions
For course descriptions, see our catalogue here.
Business specific Globetrek. The Globetrek experience includes 6 months of travel visiting 4 continents, at least 12 countries, and meeting numerous people groups. This experience includes a four-month business internship that is cross-cultural and Kingdom focused.
Students in the BBA minor in Intercultural Studies will have the skills and experience to:
- Start and lead their own business
- Be employed in small businesses in a variety of disciplines and industries
- Find work in foreign or intercultural organizations and businesses
- Gain employment in entry-level placements in traditional business fields and disciplines (banking, marketing, accounting, etc)
- Work for NGO or Non-Profit organizations
Students wishing to further their education will be well prepared to go onto complete:
- A Masters in Business Administration,
- A Master’s in Divinity,
- Graduate level education focused on Intercultural Studies
- Graduate level education further focused on a specific business discipline (leadership, accounting, marketing, finance, etc)