Bachelor of Divinity in Business Administration (Minor in Sports Leadership)
Four-Year Program (120 Credits)
Prairie is excited to announce that the Bachelor’s of Divinity in Business Administration with a minor in Sports Leadership will be launched in Fall 2019!
This degree couples together the new Business program’s emphasis on preparing students for Christ-centered entrepreneurship and small business employment with the Sports Leadership program that develops the skill and abilities necessary to work in the world of athletics.
Students will learn how to conduct business like Jesus would conduct business. Every student in the BDBA will study the entire Bible during their degree. Society is in need of well equipped, disciples of Christ to live out both the great commandment and the great commission through business.
Come develop business skills and competencies taught by experienced and knowledgeable business leaders in a program that is deeply Kingdom-centric. These skills will prove useful no matter what industry, organization or job you choose.
Come join us to learn do business with God and do business for good.
By the end of the program students will be able to:
- Principles and processes for creating, managing, leading and developing a business
- How to live out the Biblical principles and Kingdom realities of business as a disciple of Christ.
- How to build high-performance teams and organizations
- Essential skills for working in for-profit businesses, non-profit organizations, and governmental and international NGO entities
- To solve real business problems in a wide variety of business disciplines.
- Your own strengths, interests and abilities relating to the business field
- How to conduct kingdom business in cross cultural or international contexts
All courses are three credits unless shown otherwise.
Bible and Theology Major (30 credits)
NT 112 Reading the Gospels and Acts
NT 221 Reading Paul’s Letters
NT 351 Reading Hebrews to Revelation
OT 112 Reading the Torah
OT 221 Reading the Historical Books
OT 343 Reading the Psalms and Wisdom Literature
OT 453 Reading the Prophets
ST 100 The Christian Life
TH 100 Introduction to Christian Theology
TH 210 The God of the Gospel
Arts and Sciences Core (36 credits)
AS 400 Integrative Seminar
HF 111 Thinking and Writing
HF 231 History of Western Civilization I
HF 232 History of Western Civilization II
SC 230 History and Philosophy of Science
SS 170 Christianity in the 21st Century
SS 210 Introduction to Psychology
SS 261 Leadership Foundations
Arts and Sciences electives (9 credits)
Arts and Sciences elective 300 level
Business Administration Major (36 credits)
BU 105 Organization Health and Performance
BU 111 Managerial Accounting
BU 220 Sales and Marketing
BU 235 Managerial Economics
BU 316 Corporate Finance
BU 350 Governance and Law
BU 360 Theology of Business
BU 430 Business Analytics (1 credit)
BU 443 Missional Entrepreneurship and Strategy
CM 482 International Business Internship (12 credits)
Sports Leadership Minor (18 credits)
SP 141 – Introduction to Sport Management and Leadership
SP 207 – Role + Risks of Sport in Society
SP 230 – Introduction to Sport Coaching and Human Performance
SP 200 Sport Organizations and Markets
SP 248 Entrepreneurship in Sport and Leisure
Sports Elective 200+
For course descriptions, see our catalogue here.
- This degree combines the ability to study sport, the Bible and business
- A wide variety of exciting internship opportunities that combine business and sport
- An Entrepreneurial and Kingdom-Centric business program with a sports emphasis.
- A deep level of emphasis, mentorship and care about your personal development in both discipleship and career.
Students in the BDBA minor in Sports Leadership will have the skills and experience to:
- Start and lead their own business
- Be employed in small businesses in a variety of disciplines and industries
- Find work in sports related organizations and businesses
- Gain employment in entry-level placements in traditional business fields and disciplines (banking, marketing, accounting, etc)
- Work for NGO or Non-Profit organizations
- Provide leadership for in the sport and recreation sector, including non-profits like camps, colleges, and civic recreation organizations.
Students wishing to further their education will be well prepared to go onto complete:
- A Masters in Business Administration,
- A Master’s in Divinity,
- Graduate level education focused on Sport Management, Leadership or other Sport related fields
- Graduate level education further focused on a specific business disciplines (leadership, accounting, marketing, finance, etc)