distance education programs:
Bachelor of Arts in Ministry - Pastoral
Four-Year Program (129 Credits)
The program is foundational preparation for entering directly into such a ministry or to prepare for further education (a Master of Divinity degree is frequently the minimum requirement for a pastoral position).
BAM/PA: In Depth
The Pastoral Program is
The Bachelor of Arts in Ministry program will equip you to do the following:
Your BAM degree will open doors to skilled service as a church worker, church planter, church educational program leader, worship leader, pastor, youth worker, camp leader, or numerous other roles within a church or paraministry setting. Your degree lays thefoundation for graduate studies in ministry, theological studies, missiology or divinity. Please note that this is a mentor based Distance Education program with additional requirements to provide you with some of the advantages enjoyed by campus students.
All courses are three credits unless shown otherwise.
Bible & Theology (45 credits)
· NT 112 Reading the Gospels & Acts*
· NT 221 Reading Paul’s Letters
· NT 251 Reading Hebrews to Revelation*
· OT 112 Reading the Torah
· OT 221 Reading the Historical Books
· OT 243 Reading the Psalms & Wisdom Literature
· OT 353 Reading the Prophets
· ST 100 The Christian Life
· TH 100 Introduction To Christian Theology*
· TH 210 The God of the Gospel*
· TH 211 Creation to New Creation*
· BT 309 Word and the World: Theology and Praxis*
· BT/NT/OT/ST/TH electives (9 cr)
Arts & Sciences (36 credits)
· AS 400 Integrative Seminar-synchronous with on campus
· HF 111 Thinking & Writing
· HF 231 History of Western Civilization I
· HF 232 History of Western Civilization II
· SS 170 Christianity in the 21st Century World
· SS 210 Introduction to Psychology
· SS 261 Leadership Foundations
· SC 230 History and Philosophy of Science*
· HF/SS electives (9 credits)
Pastoral (33 credits)
· CM 250 Introduction to Counselling*
· PA 103 Leadership Coaching
· PA 161 Introduction to Pastoral Ministry
· PA 211 Passionate Preaching & Teaching*
· PA 314 Advanced Preaching
· PA 372 Missional Leadership
· PA 480 Topics in Pastoral Ministry-synchronous with on campus
· CM 464 Pastoral Ministry Internship (12 credits)
General Electives (6 credits)
*Available soon; in the meantime, we will offer a substitute.
Synchronous courses will be offered in conjunction with on-campus courses due to their content. Therefore, these courses must be taken during the term they are offered on campus, or taken on-campus if offered as a modular.
Note: Arts & Sciences courses include Anthropology (AN), Humanity and Fine Arts (HF), History (HI), Philosophy (PH), Psychology (PS), Science (SC), Sociology (SO), and Social Sciences (SS).
Timeframe & Fees
Completion of an online Bachelor's degree usually takes around 4 years for students who are not also working. For cost estimates per program, see the Fees section of our About Distance Education page.