Winter 2021 Semester Will Begin on January 18
Other Changes Rolled Out for Final Week of Classes
On Tuesday, December 8, 2020, Alberta announced new measures to protect the health care system and reduce the rising spread of COVID-19.
Even though the Prairie College campus has remained COVID-19 free, a few of the enhanced measures will impact Alberta post-secondary campuses until at least January 12, 2021.
Campus Changes effective Sunday December 13 -19
We thank students, staff and faculty for their compliance with the enhanced procedures thus far. The following restrictions will be in place for the final week of classes, on the orders of the Government of Alberta:
- The Atrium will be closed.
- Dining Room – masks must be worn, all meals are taken out only.
- RDAC is closed to all students and staff (except Athletics staff).
- The library is not open for in person study or research in person. Library staff can still help you but you must contact them directly. Please refer to your email for further instructions.
- Textbooks can still be ordered and picked up. Please use the jotform to place your order (https://www.jotform.com/form/
202034991515250). Staff will email your invoice to you, and you can pay for and pick up your books anytime after that. Come to the library door and knock.
- Masks must be worn at all times, even in class.
- No group studying will be permitted. Please study together virtually.
- In person classes and exams are still permissible.
- No change to chapel at this time.
New Winter Semester Start Date
New Student Orientation
Orientation has been moved from January 2 to January 16, 2021.
Move-in times have been moved from January 1 to January 15, 2021.
Details about orientation will be forthcoming from your Admissions Counsellor. If you have questions or concerns in the interim, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Student Housing for the Holidays
The residence will remain open over the 4 weeks of break if you require it. Please complete the booking form and talk to your DSD about your plans.
Changes to Programs
There may be program specific changes to start dates for classes. Your program coordinator will be in touch with you with any changes that they will need to implement.
We want to thank you all for your “HyFlexibility” through this change, and all the other this year. We are so grateful to you for your resilience, cooperation and positive attitude throughout this exceptional year.
If you have questions that have not been answered above, please email us at email@example.com.
Many blessings for a joyful Christmas season. We pray that you will find the gifts that God has given you this year, even if they are wrapped in unexpected packages . We look forward to seeing you all in the New Year.