Faculty & Staff Contacts
- BA Ministry – Sport Management, Prairie College
- Diploma in Land and Water Resources, Olds College
I have worked at Prairie College for 6 years, with a 2-year gap that involved working at a YMCA in Toronto, ON. I have also had the privilege of being involved in Sports Ministry both locally and internationally. They are listed below:
- NBC Tour – British Isles
- Prairie College Basketball, Romania
- Samaritan’s Purse, Disaster Relief, Mexico
- PAN Mission, Nicaragua
- Samaritan’s Purse, Water Filter – El Salvador
- Sport Ministry Program – El Salvador (2013)
- Sport Ministry Program – El Salvador (2017)
At the YMCA in Toronto I worked as an Adult Recreation Program Supervisor.
I have the following certifications that contribute to my experience:
- Athletic Injury Management & Taping and Strapping (SMCA)
- Coaching NCCP Level 3 (Basketball & Volleyball)
- First Aid & CPR
- Group Fitness Certification (YMCA)
My passions are centered around knowing Christ and making him known. This passion begins with myself, is transferred to my family and extends to those God has put in my life. These passions are expressed in 3-core ways: teaching, coaching and sport ministry.
My Involvement at Prairie and in the Community
I currently serve as the Athletic Director and Sport Management program coordinator. I also have the privilege of serving on the board of elders at my local church as well as the Economic Growth Committee for the Town of Three Hills.
Why I Love Prairie
I love Prairie because it gives students the opportunity of a unique education where they can be challenged to build a foundation in their faith that will have a lasting impact wherever God calls them.
What I Enjoy About My Job
Every morning I wake up it is a joy to come to Prairie and serve in this capacity. My job is simply an outpouring of God’s calling and gifting in my life. I get to live out the passions God has given me and challenge others to do the same.
Courses I Teach
SP 105-106 Sports Management Practicum I
SP 205-206 Sports Management Practicum II
PE 161 Pilots Participation (Men’s Basketball)
SP 182 Integrating Faith and Sport
SP 231 Foundations of Coaching
CM 367 Cross-Cultural Practicum