International Admissions Procedures

Click here to return to Main Admissions Page

All students must submit a complete application before they will be considered for admission. This may be done by paper application or through the Internet. Visit our Application Page for complete details. If you'd like to contact someone in person, please call 403-443-3007.

1. Pastoral and General reference forms are available by clicking here and must be submitted as a part of the application.

2. Academic transcripts must also be submitted to provide a record of any previous secondary (high school) or post secondary studies. International student transcripts will be evaluated on an individual basis to determine equivalency to the Alberta High School requirements.

3. Though not required, we welcome you to apply for Financial Aid.

4. A $150 (CAD) non-refundable fee will be charged at the time of application.

English Requirement

International students must submit proof of English proficiency by completing one of the following:

The Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) with a minimum score of:

  • 213 on the computer-based test or
  • 550 for the paper-based test or
  • 80 on the internet-based test


The academic International English Language Testing Service (IELTS) exam with an overall band score of 6.5.

Note: Meeting these test scores does not guarantee admission to the college and additional testing may be required before admittance is granted

Acceptance & Immigration Information

1. Once we have received your completed application, the Admissions Committee will review your file and notify you of their decision. This usually takes 1 week from the day your application was completed.

2. If you are accepted, you will need to obtain a study permit (student visa) from a Canadian Consulate or Embassy. In order to do this you will need the following:

  • Proof of Citizenship: Passport
  • Proof of funds: International (non-USA) students are required to show proof that funds are available to cover one year’s fees (approximately $18,000 Canadian, depending on your program). This can be made up of student financial assistance (see above), your own contribution(s), and/or the contributions of your family/friends/sponsors.
  • Proof of return Transportation: Canadian officials will require that you have return transportation to your home country upon completion of your studies.

Note that Student Visas are only issued to full-time students.

Student Services & Fees

All student services are available to international students on the same basis as for Canadian students. Tuition, student fees, program and course costs, room and board, and other fees listed are the same for international students as they are for Canadian students.

Health Insurance

All international students are required to have health coverage. In accordance with the Canada Health Act, Alberta has a publicly administered and funded health care system that guarantees Albertans receive universal access to medically necessary hospital and health care services. All International students who have obtained a student visa for longer than one year will have access to this free Alberta Health Care Service and will register during Orientation Week. All international students who have a student visa for less than one year will need to purchase health insurance. For more information, contact Student Financial Services or visit the link to Alberta Health listed below.

Important Links

Canadian Consulate

Immigration Canada

Alberta Health